Here’s everything on my desk that I use as of January 6th 2024.
The desk is made of 2 components. The table top is not made anymore but it’s solid wood from IKEA and the legs are from Autonomous
- Autonomous smart desk pro frame. This allows my desk to be a sit stand desk.
- MacBook Pro 14” M1 Max - I purchased this computer shortly after it came out. It was a big expense, but honestly I don’t see myself upgrading for awhile. The amount of productivity I would receive from the M3 chip doesn’t out weigh the cost.
- LG 34” Ultra wide - I did win this in a raffle in 2021 or 2020 and haven’t needed to upgrade it
- LG Dual Up - This is a new edition and love it. The vertical aspect ratio is great as a secondary or even primary monitor. I used it as a solo monitor for a bit, but now it’s my secondary monitor and I still enjoy it. I can see myself acquiring a second one to replace the 34” ultra wide at some point.
- Elgato thunderbolt dock
- Magic Trackpad
- Zoom 75 keyboard - This is one of my favorite keyboards. It’s got some good weight and I like the screen on it. I don’t quite know how long it’ll stay on my desk though since I do really like the Lily58 Pro split keyboard. - Cookies and Cream switches - Biip MT3 Pro keycaps
If you’re just getting started in the mechanical keyboard hobby, then I suggest getting a Keychron Q1 instead.
- Stream Deck
- Cal Digit Thunderbolt 4 hub
- iPad Mini - My iPad is used as a media consumption device when at work. It’s playing a podcast, music, or a youtube video at most times. It’s also nice for drawing/sketching something out if I need to share it with the team.
- Satechi iPad stand - Any stand will do, but I went with this one cause I saw it in a YouTube video.
- Traveler’s notebook - I use this to time block and prioritize my day
- Spigen MagSafe mount
- AirPod Pros with USB C
- BenQ ScreenBar Halo
Audio and Video
What’s listed here is not necessary for zoom calls, but it’s what I use for streaming so I also use it on my meetings.
Written by Jay Wilson on